.jpg)
Sunday morning, this area had a low temperature of 34°F. Not quite cold enough to freeze and kill our plants, but pretty dang close. Saturday night, we took pots, buckets, and other various containers and covered our most delicate ones, just in case, but it doesn't appear we had a frost. They all seemed perfectly happy come morning.
Sunday was Mother's Day, and as is becoming our tradition, Cole celebrated by having the rest of us help her with her "Mother's Day Flower Bed" (see photo above on left). We weeded and cleaned out the bed, planted impatiens (that we grew from seed this year), and covered with cocoa mulch. We also cleaned off all the dirt and rubbish from the stone stairs next to it (an entire wheelbarrow full!) and planted some purple and white allysum along the path.
This weekend, I also transplanted a couple of eggplant, and planted marigolds at the end of the pathways in the nightshade bed. In the indoor greenhouse, the okra sprouted mightily. I need to get that outside and start it hardening off (it's growing incredibly rapidly in the greenhouse). The anise and cilantro are finally starting to sprout in their pots, and the carrots are really popping up today, after all that rain. I also think I may have seen a few sprouts from the corn salad greens. We'll have to see, but I'm hoping so!
No comments:
Post a Comment