Wednesday, August 21, 2013

"No gracias, yo quiero jalapeños, nada mas"

Due to a busy weekend with the River Roots Festival and the Quad City Youth Philharmonic Orchestra, we didn't get a whole lot done over the weekend, so I took yesterday off work to do some gardening and canning.

While I was waiting for the jars to wash, I put in our fall crop of beets and watered everything outside.  That should be the last of the planting for this year.

Then I got busy making salsa!  After harvesting a couple of our celery plants and some more peppers, I started skinning tomatoes and playing some flamenco music.  A few hours later, we had a glorious pot of chunky, hot salsa ready for canning.

Then, once the kids got home, we took a trip over to my parents', where we threw the kids in the pool and picked a bucket of green beans (Nicole suggested that we might want to try a batch of "dilly beans"), a couple bags of still-ripening pears, some inadvertent tomatoes, and swiped a couple more bags of peaches for a cold fruit soup for our gaming session this weekend.  I cannot wait to make that.  It should be very yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment